Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Homework Music

Music and homework, like peanut butter and jelly, or for those with allergies um, whatever you put together on bread. Which is funny I couldn't think of anything since I actually am allergic to peanuts now. Go figure.
Back to the subject, playing music while doing homework is a pretty standard thing. In 8th grade I did a study for a science fair that tested kids for spelling tests with them studying while listening to different types of music, classical, medium beat pop and hard rock/metal I think. It was a long time ago. I do remember the classical music listeners did in fact perform better on the tests.

My son's classes have changed this year. Our school, like many others is going more virtual, texts on line as well as whole courses, so he is sitting at the computer even more this year. I keep walking by and seeing YouTube up;
"Spencer, that is not schoolwork"
"I am waiting for it to load so I am listening to music"
What are you listening to?

"ThePianoGuys"

Have you heard them? Amazing music with piano and cello mostly.
Star Wars, excuse me, Cello Wars:



Here is an amazing Carol of the Bells!


And the only version of "Let it Go" my son will listen to:



I love my kid for so many reasons...this is just one more

2 comments:

Thany said...

These are AMAZING!!!
And Charlie is dancing all over the living room to Cello Wars now!

Missy Shell said...

I LOVE those guys! We listen to them at work quite frequently.