Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thank God It's Tuesday!

Thank you Lord that it's Tuesday, because I can focus even more gratitude for my life!

Although I am not kidding about being thankful, I jest that i wait until Tuesday! Gratitude should always be a daily exercise.

Today, a list of things I am NOT allergic to! YEAH!

1. Garlic, oh the wonders of garlic.
2. Bread.
3. Peaches, plums, nectarines, and apricots.
4. Sweet potatoes!  I am also thankful that they are trendy right now, since I can't eat any other kind of potato.
5. Wasabe, cumin, mustard seed, corriander, black pepper. Strong flavors to help make up for the absence of all other peppers....chili powder, paprika, etc...
6. Bacon. :)
7. The entire citrus family. (Sorry Dave, I know you miss them)
8. Nuts.
9. DAIRY. This should get it's own list. Butter, cheese, ice cream, yogurt? YES PLEASE.
10. Marshmallows.


I had 2 allergic reactions this weekend. Both innocent mistakes. One was a cheese cracker, but what I didn't know was that it was a potato cheese cracker. I suddenly was losing my voice, I thought maybe I was getting sick. I didn't know what the issue was. The other was a peice of salami. It was in a variety pack, I tried the first two without any problems, thought nothing of it, and popped it into my mouth. My lips burned, my mouth felt weird, and my voice started getting hoarse. I knew immediatly that it must have some sort of chili pepper in it. I found the packaging and there it was. Weird thing, my stomach started to quiver, internally. It was a weird sensation. I drank a lot of water and was ready to take some benedryl but my throat stabalized and it started fading.

I am writing this post, because even though I have a long list of standard good for you foods I can not eat, I do still have good options.

I am thankful.

1 comment:

rainydayinmay.com said...

Oh my goodness! it is crazy how many things potatoes are in... but sweet potatoes are so heavenly!!!!

Great list! :)