Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Game Of Chance

Starting today I have 3 potluck events and one bake sale event in the next 4 days. This is in addition to extra long production rehearsal, a benefit concert, 6 lovely house guests plus 2 others in town, special dancing to go see, and clients to work on, and special church services etc.

Exhausted yet?

And all I can think to take is desserts, you know why? Because they are easy. I don't have to worry about keeping them hot or cold and that is an amazing thing. Also, I can eat them. Pot lucks are really taking a risk for me. Anyone with food allergies knows what I am writing about here. You can look at it, smell it, ask a few questions, but there are no guarantees. You are really just trying to protect yourself from harm, including for some...death, but really? You just look like a picky eater. It's lame. I always take something I can personally eat, that way I know at least one dish is safe. I have learned to avoid un-obvious offenders, like store bought fried chicken and oriental style salad. Bell pepper, and tomatoes dot most dishes, looking lovely and delicious and colorful, but also looking like sheer pain and suffering. One of the events is in the morning, so hopefully it will be safer. Breakfast food is much easier for me to eat.

 I am thankful for this.


1 comment:

Missy Shell said...

Desserts are always a good choice!

I feel you. Having dietary restrictions is lame.