Saturday, May 11, 2013

What's in the Fridge?

In an effort to save money and really keep an eye on our food intake we have been eating at home a lot more than we used too. I usually make a plan in my head for the week and try to stick to it. However, sometimes plans fail, and we get busy and then it's 6:15 and we need to be somewhere by 7. oops.

Mother of necessity, I had some turkey meatballs and some wonton wrappers...

 So I wrapped the meatballs up.
 Sealed them up with an egg wash.
Brushed them with oil, which I used too sparingly.  I baked them in a 350 degree oven for about 18 minutes.
Served with green beans and peas and a spinach, sugar snap pea, strawberry salad with basalmic dressing.

We also added homemade Asian Plum Sauce, not pictured. The sauce made all the difference in the world and it was so very tasty.
Quick, easy, different, yummy.

No comments: