Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Miracle on My Street

As mentioned, all of our fruit trees were trimmed(chopped) this last week. They all needed it, and I am trying to keep a stiff upper lip about how they look right now. I KNOW they will grow back with amazing results, I KNOW it's healthy for the trees...but they look sad and naked.

We were left with branches all over our yard. To give perspective, "our yard" portion of our shared 5 acres (with our landlords) is maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of an acre. Ten fruiting trees were trimmed, including 2 story tall cherry trees and a mulberry that hadn't been trimmed in years. In other words, it was quite large. Our fabulous tree trimmer friend was working against the sunset, so he worked fast and left the branches fallen around the trees. I spent at least an hour just arranging the apple tree limbs into manageable piles on Friday and called out to God. "I can't do this alone, Aaron is working too hard, Spencer is out of town, the burn pile is too large , I don't have anything to chop the fireplace burnable pieces apart from brush. I need help".

On Saturday I was just finishing up working on Bible study homework when a knock was heard from my front door. My landlord's (neighbor's) daughter was standing there.
"My youth group is practicing for our mission trip to Mexico coming up by doing community service projects, can we clean up your yard?"

Yes, yes you can.
Praise be to God who heard my cry for something so simple and basic.







No comments: