Friday, February 8, 2013

A New View

For months I have needed new wiper blades for my little old Toyota, Magnito.
Yes, it has a name.
This little car also has over 235,000 miles on it, and still running, thank the Lord.

A friend is borrowing said car, so I purchased said windshield wipers. A storm is here and I didn't want her to have to go through what I do...

Wait...
While that is all good, I mean, I want her to be safe, and not fret while she drives my car...but why didn't I take the 5 minutes and $14 to fix this for myself before this?

Answer?
I don't know.

I could easily say it was money. It has been a tight budget lately.*
But that's lame, how much would an accident cost?

I could say it was time, or stress of putting them on...
but I walked in, he checked the blades (it's so old he had to check the clips) and then he installed them for me in less than 5 minutes.

I could say all sorts of things, but really, why didn't something for ME matter enough?

I have no explanation.
Mom's especially do this to themselves all the time.

I challenge you to do something you have put off...that's just for you. Not because we should be selfish. I think people are very selfish by nature. Do something you have put off that will benefit your health, your mental state, or your safety. *




* Okay, but money was an issue for awhile too. I do have to wait to make sure bills are paid, so don't go running out over spending your budget.

No comments: