Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Focus Changer

Read this today over at A Holy Experience. 
She is a poetic writer, full of aha moments in her world. She is also a real mom with real kids, her life is not perfect and I appreciate that she admits it.

I don't want to give the wrong picture of our family either. We are not your typical consumer machine. When I hear stories of black Friday madness, and the average Americans spend I am shocked. We love family time together, we love so much more at this time of year. And frankly, I think we are super happy to GIVE the gifts, we love it when someone is excited to receive something we made or found for them. It's just who we are. After reading this post I thought, too bad my kids are too old to change all this, too bad we aren't just starting out as a family.
But it's just silly to think we can't change.
We live in such ease. We have clean water, we have food available to us. We have so much stuff we need garages, and attics and storage untis to contain it. Sure we have debt and bills, and hardships, but it isn't disease from our water.

I am not sure what we will do,  I think we would still give a gift, just scale everything even further back, but I know where my focus is shifting.

What about yours?


No comments: