Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday, and NABLOPOMO

It's that time of year, again, to join in and write a blog post every day. Well, technically it's post a blog post every day...but whatever. Here's to getting back into the swing of writing! And here's to THANKFULNESS, which is of course what I try to convey around here on a regular basis.

An attitude of gratitude is a wonderful thing.

So I am starting off this month (OH MY, IT'S ALREADY NOVEMBER, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?) with a short list of the things I am thankful for in my life:

1. My family. All of them. Through the good the bad the ugly and the crazy, here we are.
2. My friends. I have some really amazing friends. They support me when I lose it, they cheer for me when I have success, it's really wonderful.
3. Success this year in weight loss. My husband made goal(lost over 60!), I still have a far way to go, but I still lost what I did (over 50 pounds!) and I will dust my self off and finish.
4. My church family. Strong believers, full of joy and wisdom. I like being part of the truth our pastor teaches, and the acts our church lives out for the poor and needy. We walk the walk. We aren't perfect, no one is, no place is...but I am thankful to say people acknowledge their imperfections and actually work on changing.
5. I am thankful that the election season is almost over. Tired of the mailings, the ads, the dirtiness of it all.

So here's to a great November!
"A thankful heart is a happy heart
I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start"
Thank you Veggie Tales.

One of my amazing friends, Tiffany from My Crowded Kitchen is hosting a thankful party every Thursday this month. Make and list and join in, or just visit to see what others have said...

1 comment:

Tiffany/MyCrowdedKitchen said...

Love you five. Hope to see you next week, friend/sistah! LOVE, love, love you!