Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TDC San Diego



We moved to San Diego shortly before I turned eight. This house and neighborhood was a sharp contrast to the only other home I had ever known. It was only a few years old, decorated in trendy 1973 textiles and colors, and it had a pool. It was a very different experience. Due to many circumstances we went from a family of 6 to just 4 at first in this home, another major change. We also switched from tradition school schedule to a year round one. Crazy world. Sometime later we added on to make the living room and dining room a little bigger and a decorator was hired. My mom chose a very 1980's palette, sea foam green and peach. It was very lovely. I lived in this house until I was was in 12th grade. My dad took on a teaching position at Azusa Pacific, so a move was about to happen.


Now at least  one of the two of you is now thinking. "Wait,...this is only day 2 of the Tour de Casas but she is already almost out of high school?" It's true. I have moved a ridiculous amount of times in my adult life, and I wasn't in or married to the military.

Best features: Pool, conversation pit.

1 comment:

Missy Shell said...

You really have moved alot. I'm excited for when you get to houses that I've been to!