Monday, November 19, 2012

TDC: Ha Ha Herman


This is the house I moved into due to the unknown pressure I was feeling  in my parents home. We moved in, the girls turned four and then, about a week later I woke up around 4:30am to my bed rocking back and forth, it was an earthquake. A big one. But  it wasn't centered where I lived, it was very close to my parents' house about 3 hours north of me. The pressure I felt was from the earth, and I believe divine intervention led me to leave in time. My parents themselves were not hurt. They lost many items in their home and there was damage that had to be repaired. The aftershocks came for weeks and weeks. It really rattled my mom. I remember as a child, in the very first home, being downstairs during the big Pasadena quake. I am thankful my girls and I weren't up near Northridge for this one.
During the year I lived in this home I attended massage therapy school while working in an industrial bakery, hand crafting giant cinnamon rolls for your enjoyment. We returned to my parents home, where I again went back to school, finishing at The Master's College nearby and the girls attended Kindergarten and 1st grade. I'd see Aaron from time to time as his band played in a nearby establishment.
I also believe it was divine guidance to go back and live with them. My dad was traveling a lot for his job and while gone one time my mom became very ill. She remained ill for a long time. I was there to help. Her illness is currently in remission, but it was really scary at the time.

My mom got better, I finished college, and it was time, once again, to move and live on my own.

Best features: built in bookcases, floorplan

No comments: