Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Seeking Fruit

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Galatians 5:21-24



Seems like a good list to me.
Who wouldn't want these things in their life? Who wouldn't want to be surrounded by peace instead of chaos, hate instead of love, despair instead of joy?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

 Sometimes that list looks overwhelming in the ,"I am trying to get it right" category. But God doesn't ask for perfection. Jesus was perfect and paid the ultimate price because we are not. It's that simple. Sometimes hard to believe, but always true. With the help of the Holy Spirit I can be, live, and show others those attributes on that list.

Even if I start small, and focus on one thing, at least I am moving in the right direction.
 

 

No comments: