Saturday, September 29, 2012

Trippin'

My trip down south was actually a really good one. My dad was happy to see me, and thankfully it didn't give him another heart attack when I walked into the room, since my sister didn't tell him I was coming...just said she was going to the store instead of the airport. Kinda funny.
I drove my parents to doctor appointments, I was in the hospital supporting my mom during the procedures for my dad. I drove them out to Yuma to visit my other sister, and tried to be helpful and supportive. I especially enjoyed my time with my sister and meeting my great nephew R. He is a cutie pie! Love that baby! It was nice to get to know his dad as well, since they have lived in Colorado until recently I never really got a chance to hang out with him.
I also had an opportunity to hangout with some dear friends. One was visiting SD from Reno. I gt to see her more often than our friends down here, but it was a delight to hang out with all of them together again. I miss my tight group of buddies. She rented a beach house complete with water toys. I learned, shakily, how to use a paddle board. I could get hooked to that easily. I had the opportunity to work in one of my fields while down there, much to many people's delight. :)

I also had the honor to witness a marriage proposal. Long time boyfriend D proposed to my niece K, at Disneyland, and we were a surprise being there. It was great. A truly wonderful moment. During said trip we rode splash mountain, and I was SOAKED. And yes, I hear you saying, "It's called Splash Mountain for a reason". I did not just merely get splashed. I looked like a fell in, someone actually asked that! After the ride my family wanted to go in some little store by the exit, and I wondered over to the other side of where you would buy your photo of you yourself screaming as you look over the edge of the giant drop, so I could stand in the sun. I stood there, shoes off, dripping onto the ground creating a little river of water...and people walking by would talk to me or about me. One dad saying to his whining son, "See, it could be worse, you could be wet like her". One woman, dripping like me, commented that she knew how I felt. A family came up next to me waiting for their photo and that's when I heard it, clear as day....Jack Black's voice.
I opened my eyes and looked over at the family. Lovely wife, 2 cute kids, and a dad....with the right shape and hair, turned away from me. He spoke again. I knew it had to be him. Then he turned around. Yep. I couldn't snap a picture, and I didn't speak to him because some guy ran up and said a lame movie line and forced him to shake his hand. Jack was gracious, but then started looking around and became uncomfortable. I chose to leave him alone. He was just a husband and a father right then, taking his family to Disneyland.

I have been so blessed to share in these fun moments and wonderful friendships in the middle of some hard to face stuff. I am so very thankful to my heavenly Papa for giving me moments of joy, and sheer fun, and adventure throughout my life, even when life itself is so uncertain and roller coastery. 

I am trying to always look for the good. Always seek the positive, seek the glory, and be grateful.




No comments: