Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thrilled To Be Thursday

All week long I have been thinking it's the next day.
Woke up today thinking of all the things I need to get done...tomorrow. I hope I remember them tomorrow.

I have no need to live faster, or in the future. Don't know how or why my day clock is set forward.  Even with all the weekly events going on I am still off. Which of course makes no sense.

I am trying to enjoy each day for it's own merits. Spencer only has a couple weeks left of Summer vacation and then it's back to school. He was able to do a lot this summer, and I hope he had ample time to enjoy being a kid. He is only a few years away from needing a summer job, and then all that implies. We have a to do list before he goes back, but at the same time, it's okay if it doesn't get done. I am not going to stress if we don't clean out his wardrobe before school starts. The kid doesn't care about back to school clothes. He has new shoes because he destroyed his last pair in 6 weeks. SIX WEEKS. siiiiigh.  Plus, it's AUGUST, so t-shirts and shorts are all he needs anyway. Done. He does need a new backpack. Last year's barely made it to the end. Both straps broke from the sheer weight of the books and binders he is required to lug around. I am sure the American Back Association (if there is one) is appalled at the damage caused by the text books. I would love to see sets of books for the classrooms and sets of books for at home this year. I know some schools are able to do that. We are a unique school (half classroom time, half at home study) I doubt the funds exist to do such a thing.





I have rambled enough. I am going to go finish my Thursday projects and errands. THURSDAY, not Friday.



No comments: