Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hello Tuesday!

School starts in a week and a half. Craziness.

We have enjoyed our "Summer" (how can it be called summer vacation if it starts in Spring and then school re-starts in Summer?) break from schooling, and while Spencer looks forward to seeing more friends again, well, we are going to cram some more fun in before he has to get back into the swing of things.
Currently he is watching Cosby and Monk, a lot. Thursday we are going to go see a musical comedy show, should be fun. Alyssa is coming to hang out with us a few days as well, and while she is in town for other reasons it will be fun to have her around.

Next week we will be completely unplugged. No TV, no Wii, no computer and only occasional phone coverage! It will be time to head to the hills(Sierra mountains) and spend time in the pine trees and aspens and play in the stream, and go fishing and to the lake, and lucky us,this year we will water ski again. Can I get a woohoo?

I will breathe in fresh wonderfully clean air, and read lots of books on my Kindle. I know, it's an electronic device...but it takes up less space and is much lighter than a stack of paper books, and I can change the font size so that I don't get eye strain. Yes, I know, I need glasses. Someday I will get some. I promise. It isn't vanity keeping me from them, it's all about money, isn't it always?

As I am writing this post I realized that our life seems so smooth and lovely when I write about certain things. It isn't perfect, by no means. It takes a lot for us to work a few days away into our schedule. We are self employed, if we don't work, we don't eat or pay bills. No paid vacation days, or sick days for us. We are just so thankful for the work God provides for us and the opportunities to enjoy His creation. I want to stay positive, I want to always be thankful, even for the tiniest things. We need boards right now, a purchase that I can not just run out to a lumber yard and make...but why do we need them? To hold up the ever bending branches of the peach trees heavy with fruit. Fruit that will ripen and be eaten as well as preserved for nourishment later throughout the year. This is a blessing! I have to constantly be on top of every purchase and every bit of income. After giving God what is His I work hard to make sure we have enough for rent, enough for bills, and for our Compassion child. God always comes through, but it is sometimes last moment, and to the cent. When you don't always know the next paycheck's amount, it's a lot harder to budget. It's that simple, which is not simple at all.

My house gets messy, I am not always filled with kindness and grace, and life gets sticky and tricky sometimes. But I love my life, and will celebrate the goodness and the blessings!

How's your Tuesday?




No comments: