Thursday, July 12, 2012

Clarity

My husband looked at me with his gorgeous brown eyes, strained and knowing he was facing a mess and needing to  swallow down his true feelings regarding a work situation.

In that moment I had a choice.

I could have easily made a comment that would lead to what I wanted, or I could just tell him how sorry I was that he has to deal with messes, and let him lead.

I let him lead.

And he thanked me for telling him I am sorry. And I truly am sorry. It's brutal watching a loved one go through something hard and frustrating, knowing it can't be fixed.

In the back of my mind sat the words, "do not make big decisions during a storm".
We will wait, ride the storm, and when the way is calm again seek guidance of what's next. There is always something to learn, and always something to help us grow.

I am praying for some smoother sailing soon.


No comments: