Friday, June 15, 2012

There Comes A Time...

There comes a time in everyone's life when you just have to look at the calendar and say ...THERE, THOSE DATES...THAT'S WHEN WE ARE GOING TO GO VISIT PEOPLE WE DEARLY MISS.

And then you tell your kid you are going to Barstow when he starts paying attention to your conversation with your husband regarding such a trip, like my friend Lori did,,,however, my kid is 11 1/2, not 5 1/2...so it didn't work long. When he (once again listening to my phone conversation) figured it out he did a happy dance and cheered...and then a few minutes later asked me,
"So why weren't you going to tell me?"
"Because surprises are fun, plus we still aren't sure we can go."
"When were you going to tell me?"
"Probably that morning in the car, or when you started recognizing places"

long pause

"I kinda wish I didn't know now..."


And there you have it.
Good news is wonderful, anticipation is fun but torturing, but surprises are better. 


1 comment:

Tiffany/MyCrowdedKitchen said...

Barstow, I mean Idaho, can't wait to have you! HURRY quick. LOL