Thursday, June 28, 2012

Right, Not Right

Last week during Bible study someone mentioned the quote:
"I am not so important that I have to have my way".
(No one was positive who said it, perhaps Joyce Meyers)

You know what? I needed to hear that.

Why do I get upset? Why do certain circumstances bother me more than others?
Why does offense creep in sometimes?

Because I think it should be that way I think it should be...

This seems basic, but it was revolutionary. Want a truly humble spirit?
It's not turning away a compliment , and it's not always hiding behind the scenes or not willing to be honored or being recognized...

It's giving up the right to be right.

SO I have been working on that all week.
One night at dinner I was mulling something over in my mind trying to to give up my rightness about a situation going on with someone. I tried very hard to let it go. Finally I let it out to my husband, and he helped me wade through the possible  truth of the circumstances and then how to relax about it. I am so thankful for that man, he is a gift in my life. I didn't have to fight the battle by myself, I had back up. 

I don't expect to be a pro at this immediately, I am a work in progress. I am just happy to be progressing in the right direction.


No comments: