Monday, April 23, 2012

Be A Duck

Two steps forward, one step back, two steps forward, a million steps back, a gazillion steps forward, a thousand back....and on and on...


I like to celebrate small victories. You finally ate a green vegetable? Woohoo!! You drank 8 glasses of water today? ROCKSTAR! You got a new stapler? That's fabulous!

Unfortunately for me it means I take the little setbacks harder than necessary.

I am being refined, and I am working hard, and somewhat succeeding, at letting it go, letting it slide off my back like a duck...hence my phrase,

"Be a duck".

 Yep. So recently, I thought I had a major (at least to me) set back. It was a great loss for me. But instead of flipping out, I just said, "You know what God, you know best, and I will praise you and let's keep going" (I was on the treadmill at the time).
 I was a duck.
A duck that jogs.
But still, a duck.

So God gave me words to say to this person and the setback situation, and you know what?
Everything turned out okay.

I could have stressed out, and said all the wrong things...
but I didn't.

And it's all good.

Quack.

1 comment:

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

Did you know we have ducks and once in a while I step on one ;)

On the more serious side, I'm not so good letting water roll off my back as my Farmer Hubby tells me ducks do. I smile or "not" and say, God help me... this water rolling of my back thingy is foriegn to me. Soon the Glorious One has me feeling better than the duck.