Sunday, March 4, 2012

SundaySundaySunday

While I am really excited to go home tomorrow I will miss a few things about San Diego...

The warmth. My goodness I do believe I have acclimated to the weather already. When I go home I have a feeling I am going to freeze! Perhaps shivering burns more calories.

My family. We do all get a long, so it's nice to spend time with them. I miss my own core family more, but this was a nice experience. I am sad I will miss being able to help while my dad goes through radiation. It would have been nice to help relieve my sister from the daily driving and dealing with that. But that is simply not going to happen. It's time for me to return home. Thankfully friend have stepping in to help with that.

The food. Here is a two edged sword...the food, I will absolutely miss the wealth of good food available down here. We happen to be a family that loves seafood and sushi. I understand it's not for everyone. San Diego is loaded with fabulous choices and I have enjoyed it greatly! On the flip side, my family is known for baking. Cookies, bread pudding, cupcakes, my goodness it was difficult around here sometimes. I will not miss having to battle myself to just say no.

Friends.
I have an armload of friends down here, that I miss regularly...and now I will miss a bit more. They will remain a big part of my life of course, but it was really nice to be apart of some of their daily lives. This includes being present for a birth, and consequential to that birth, snuggling a newborn several days in the last week. I will miss her! (And her mama.)



Things I will not miss: The traffic. Sleeping in the living room (even though my bed was perfect and comfy). Sleeping alone. Not having control of my own schedule at all. Trying to gauge other's moods and schedules and trying to be helpful in the unknown. Sometimes I think I made a difference, and sometimes I just felt in the way. It was a juggling act. Having nearly zero privacy. Not because people were all up in my business, more because the house is only so big and there are extra people living here. Finding a place to simply make a phone call was sometimes difficult.

No comments: