Monday, January 30, 2012

Update

Dad's surgery went really well. In fact, it was done in nearly half the time we were told, and the results were really great! Due to findings once inside the surgery itself was less complicated and he should heal faster as well. So many people were praying, and God certainly heard those prayers and showed some mercy for us.
This is still a hard, long road. Myeloma is a blood cancer, and he will live with it the rest of his life. And that's just the way it is.

After surgery was terrible, I won't lie. It was awful, and the floor he was on was understaffed and slammed with new needy people, not their fault, it was just hard to deal with. I actually had to speak with the Charge Nurse and get some better care for post-op special attention. We did bless the nursing staff with donuts yesterday, bagels today, and chocolate chip cookies today. Always thank your nurses, especially if they are nice and do a really good job. One can't expect to along or like everyone else in the world of course. But when you find a good nurse, make sure they know you appreciate them.

Well, I rambled enough.
I have posts in my mind about my day away when I get to see my husband, and ideas about things I am observing and learning while sitting around. But for now, I will just say this.

If you love them...tell them.
Often.
You never know what will change.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad your dad's surgery went well!!