Saturday, January 7, 2012

Turning I Can't into YES I CAN!

Life is in full swing again around here. SPencer is in basketball again, his school has started. Work for Aaron and I is more or less back to normal, which is actually a slightly slower pace than in December. I don't mind that at all.

Oh, and I started slogging.
Slogging = slow jogging. Thank you CS for that great word, it describes what I do perfectly.

Since I am attempting a 1/2 marathon in May I am on a training schedule. I have slogged over 2 miles several days this week. And let me tell you, that is a miracle in itself. This woman DOES NOT RUN....at least I didn't used too. The pain in my shins associated with it was pure anguish, for days.

I do not have that pain.
I am energized all day from working out.
I feel terrific.
I do have moments of sore this or that, but nothing a little massage and lots of water and stretching can't cover.

I am so excited. I NEVER EVER THOUGHT MY BODY WOULD COOPERATE ENOUGH TO DO ANYTHING REMOTELY LIKE THIS!

I didn't think this weight would ever come off either, but it is.

I am changing my can't to cans.
I will no longer speak in can't.

My God is BIG and ALL things are possible.

No comments: