Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

I am thankful for:

You know what?
I am still thankful. I am thankful for many, many things. Today I am struggling. I have a whole list of wonderful things that I am very thankful for, but it is over shadowed by yuckiness. Am I still grateful? YES! But placing that list on here while feeling this other yucky thing is hard.

Through absolutely no intention I apparently hurt someone very dear to me. The more I tried to fix it, the worse I made it. Completely separate this weekend another person threw a text at me that rocked our friendship as well. It was really hard to bare. Both situations are/were crushing to my heart and soul.

I know this was an attack. I am involved deeply with a new ministry at church, it is exceptionally healing and people have great breakthrough in their lives, if they choose. I know I was given gifts to use specifically for this ministry. It is overwhelmingly beautiful. I thank God for the opportunity to be a part of it.

Satan doesn't like me doing it, and since I am using my God given gifts, and since I am helping others stop believing his lies and they are being re-connected to God, well, it makes him mad. So, as expected, there are attacks. This was one of them. I have worked out the mess with one friend, and I am at a loss with the other.

Here is my list just the same....when things look ugly, and things get hard, and things are yucky, I AM STILL THANKFUL...

1. God faithfulness to see me through.
2. Words of encouragement from other sources, that have no idea what's up.
3. I don't have to have all the answers.
4. Miracles.
5. Restoration.
6. New babies! This time a great-nephew.
7. Fall leaves fluttering, and a garden still producing.
8. No a/c or heat needed.
9. Twelve extra inches of insulation going into my attic tomorrow!
10. Progess and growth in my daughters, beautiful, maturing growth!!

I pray you have a blessed week. I pray you find gratitude even in the dark moments.

No comments: