Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thankful Tuesday, the Basics

My pastor preached a really good sermon on Sunday, well actually he always does. Part of it was taking note of how blessed we are and how many people are so focused on stuff or money that they don't recognize the harvest of blessings around them.

With that in mind, here is this week's list
I am so very thankful to God:
1. Fresh air to breathe and the ability to breathe it un-assisted.
2. I can walk.
3. Although taste may be an issue, I can drink my tap water and not get a disease.
4. I have a home, a home that truly keeps out the elements. I may not own it, but I live there.
5. My family has food.
6. I am blessed with friends and a community of people that care for one another.
7. Although we don't have much according to American standards, we have more than enough compared to world standards, and...
8. Enough to share.
9. I am free to worship God openly in my country. Yes things happen and somepeople try to squelch any mention of Him in schools , but I will not be arrested for singing his praises or reading the Bible.
10.Possibility and HOPE.

If you are missing hope talk to me about it. There is always hope available to you!
I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord, plans to make you prosper, plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: