Friday, October 14, 2011

One Month

Our new house mate, from henceforth called Worf, has been with us for a month now.
We are ironing out a few small things, mostly with internet companies and stuff like that. He is finding his groove living with a family, and I am finding my groove having to feed one more man sized appetite as well having someone non-related living with us. The whole walk out to the kitchen in your PJ's thing has truly been an adaptation for me.

All in all, it's all good.

Seriously.
I see how his presence is a blessing to my husband. While I speak Aaronese, Worf speaks it more fluently in the music department. Aaron just finished creating/producing one CD (more on this in a few days) and is starting the next, due out by Christmas, and already I hear the influence and modernization of his songs. This is a blessing indeed.

On the flip side having Worf around has gotten me off my fanny a little more and preparing better meals for everyone. I had slipped into bad habits and now, that just won't cut it. Just because Aaron is away at dinner time doesn't mean I can just eat a snack and feed Spencer a quesadilla anymore, nope, full meal it is. I forgot how much I really like to cook, real food, from scratch.

This arrangement is mutually beneficial. It's a good thing.

No comments: