Monday, July 18, 2011

What's 6 Hours?

After finding my friend, with her new cell number, and realizing she was only 6 hours away instead of 10 or 11, I got to thinking. Six hours is nearly nothing in the big picture, I mean, you can leave at lunch time and be there by dinner. So I talked with my husband and sent a text to my fabulous friend,

"Ask your mom if I can sleepover".

Guess what? Her mom said yes!
The plan worked! ROADTRIP!

My son is very excited to go and see "his boys", which now that there is a daughter in that family he says "my boys, and {insert girls name here}". This makes me smile everytime.


I am excited and looking forward to this little break, I need this break, and the time spent visiting will be treasured for a long time. The road time with my son will also be treasured, as he is a delight to be around.

And here's the thing, God wants us this excited about spending time with him.
He wants time with you, and it should be a highlight of your day, to see Him, hearf from Him, learn about Him. He's waiting for you, all excited to spend time with you. How's your heart? Do you skip time with Him because you are busy? Does it seem like an assignment to you instead of something peaceful or restful? And don't get me wrong, I am speaking to myself right now just as much as I am speaking to you. Give Him your time and He will give it back to you. Praise Him and you will be lifted out of trauma, despair and even grumpiness. Seems like a good trade to me.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have joy and peace.
I am thanking Him for this little treat this week.

What can you thank Him for?

1 comment:

Tiffany @ MCK said...

Better than 10. Glad your coming. Hurry up!