Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Mighty Little Guy

As I left my property to go somewhere the other day something in the sky caught my eye. A large bird of prey was being chased and attacked by a very small bird. As beautiful and amazing a bird of prey can be, I am sure it totally deserved the lashing it was receiving.

It got me thinking.

That big bird represents how evil can show up in our life.It hovers, waiting for us to put our guard down. It swoop in, sometimes completely unexpected, pecking away at something precious to us. It can destroy our home and lives in a blink of an eye.

But we are mighty in the Lord, we are that little bird totally defending it's nest, it's mate, babies, it's life. We can be fearless, with the strength of the Lord, to chase away evil, to take back what is ours, and be BOLD.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

No comments: