Friday, July 15, 2011

Hey You, I Want To Talk To You

A slight panic rose in my throat as I heard the classic tones in my hear, "The number you have dialed is no longer in service or is disconnected".
WHAT?
I dialed the cell number for the same person, and heard ,in essence, the same recording.

I called her husband and thankfully got through on his work line.

Nothing dramatic happened, nothing scary or weird. Just everyday choices, like no longer having a house line, and kids that lose cell phones. No big deal.

I am a friend keeper.
Suddenly having no way to contact a dear friend made me uncomfortable. I did e-mail her, but it turns out she is visiting family too, and I have no idea if she has internet access. I may not talk to someone for a long time, but that doesn't mean i feel anything less regarding them. usually when we meet again, or speak onm the phone it's like we never parted. I like that in a relationship. No neediness that demands a specific amount of time together to "prove" anything.
So, I will razz my friend, just a little, about not giving me her new number, but I know she meant nothing personal by it. She'll probably say something like, "All my numbers were in the lost cell phone, I don't know where my phone book thingy is".

And it will be true too.