Monday, July 25, 2011

Green Envy

Yes, the weather was crazy and weird.
Yes, the Garden needed work I couldn't do myself, and Aaron couldn't this year due to his Achilles injury, so we had to wait to plant. I look around and see other people's gardens, full, huge plants, with produce starting to be harvested. I try to not be envious, it isn't right. I kick myself a little when I see them and think, "If only I had planted earlier, or had more sun, or could handle that 1000horsepower rototiller myself". But the truth is it doesn't matter. I have what I have, and I can't go back and change it.

Some circumstances could not be avoided, or changed...
I made choices that led to where I am now...
I can't go back back and change anything...
I can only move forward, fertilize, pull weeds, water and love on what I do have.

I don't think I am just talking about my garden anymore.




The good news is I do have a hand full of sugar snap peas to pick today, 2 eggplants and 2 jalepenos soon, and a tomato is waiting to ripen. Oh, and a ton of weeds and grass to pull.