Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dwindling Deliciousness

My friend came over, harnessed himself to my trees and picked cherries for me. Sadly, this years wacky weather has left us with maybe a third of the usual crop. Of those, we had some other issues as well. In the end we had enough for eleven half pints of jam, plus a couple pints of cherries for baking or whatnot.

As David climbed the tree my neighbor walked by on her way down our long shared driveway to get mail. I was talking to David, but looking like a crazy person simply talking to a tree. On her way back I blurted out, "I'm not crazy, my friend is in the tree", because you know, that doesn't sound crazy either. David said hello and all was explained. A half minute later my neighbors friend came back and asked what we were picking. Apparently they have a cherry tree in their yard too, and offered the fruit to us. This makes me happy. I haven't seen it yet, I don't know how many they have, but at least I know there are some more on the way.


And that's a good thing.

No comments: