Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's *hic* Not *hic * So * hic* Bad

We went from a friendly game of family basketball to surgery in a split second on the court. We are home, and Aaron is resting with his casted foot elevated. The surgeon said the Achilles tendon looked like spaghetti, but he was able to repair everything. Now starts the process of healing.

There's a slight problem. The pain medicine is causing hiccups. Thankfully not 24/7, but still, laying in bed last night trying to fall asleep was, well, challenging.

This is not what I expected to be doing this week, yesterday, this weekend. We are supposed to be at a marriage retreat right now. Aaron and I were both supposed to help lead the music. Tonight Aaron was supposed to lead worship next Sunday. Doc says no.

As i walked the isles of Target Wednesday waiting for his pain meds I kept being bombarded by the sheer monetary issues at hand. No insurance, no sick days, no paid vacation days. If we don't work, we don't get paid. Period. I would shake it off and remember, God will supply for my need according to His riches. We will be covered, we will be okay. As I looked at cool pens I noticed a bag of rubber bands hanging nearby. 49 cents. we never seem to have any around the house, so on a seeming whim I removed them from their perch and added them to my small armload of purchases.

God is good.

The very next morning while trying to get my husband showered and ready for his surgical consult and x-rays i needed those rubber bands to secure a plastic bag over his injured and wrapped leg. Something so small was taken care of. If He cares about the little stuff, then surely the big stuff will be taken care of as well.

1 comment:

Sassy said...

Praying for you, Aaron, surgery consult, surgeon, healing (quick & full recovery)and that God's provisions will be swift & abundant. God Bless.