Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten On Tuesday

I AM SO VERY THANKFUL!

1. For friendships without generational borders.
2. For sunshine. It is doing wonders for our household.
3. I am thankful for college courses starting up this week too.
4. I have a heart full of gratitude for what I have, even when I notice what I don't. Sometimes I may be in need, but I never forget(or try not too anyway) how much we have. Contentment is so soothing, healing, and peaceful.
5. I am thankful for people helping other people. I can't always help, I am glad I am not alone in the effort.
6. Art. I am an artist, I have to remind myself of that, I feel like saying , I WAS an artist. Art feels frivolous when you are just trying to survive and pay rent. Art for art's sake feels like a betrayal of loyalty for your time, your money...but truly, it can be a powerful experience that helps you express yourself in ways trapped deep within. It can speak to others of struggle or joy and connect people with each other. It is a powerful tool. 
 7. Leftovers.
8. Sales, coupons, and other ways of saving money.
9. Optimistic people that believe in me. Man, is that refreshing or what? In a world that tells me I am not good enough it's  nice to have someone rooting for you!
10. The opportunity to pray for people.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Lesli said...

In reference to #6 - "And if there come the singers and the dancers and the flute players,—buy of their gifts also. For they too are gatherers of fruit and frankincense, and that which they bring, though fashioned of dreams, is raiment and food for your soul." The above is a quote from Kahlil Gibran, which always reminds me of the nourishing aspect of art, for the artist as well as for the audience.