Nineteen ingredients of thankfulness.
This is like a game. I am ever so thankful for all the things listed, but even more so when they are put together into one recipe.
WHAT IS IT?
1. Yeast. Why is your bread fluffy? Yeast.
2. Water. We certainly all need it.
3. Sugar. SWEET.
4. Vegetable oil. Fat carries flavor, and makes things moist.
5. Salt. I have a friend that recently read "The History of Salt" , it is actually quite fascinating.
6. Flour. Oh the goodness of wheat.
7. Tomato sauce, tangy goodness
8. Mozzarella. Fresh is so very wonderful.
10. Garlic. For health, for flavor, for oomph.
11. Onion. Grilled with #12 is best.
12. Ground meat (turkey or beef or sausage).
16. Parmesan cheese, mmmmm Cheese Gromit
Okay....what is it?
My family is very thankful for it.
Many of my friends are too.
Some ingredients vary, but this is the standard version for us.
What favorite family recipe are you thankful for?