Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sing a Song of Six

Six wonderful things I am thankful for.
No particular order.


1. Six Flags Magic Mountain, so cal. While Disneyland is delightful and clean and friendly and wonderful, Magic Mountain, when I was young, was all about speed and fear. It was undeniably thrilling flipping upside down on what is now the tamest ride there, Revolution. Viper is still a favorite. I know the park was purchased in the last decade, I hope they hire happier people and cleaned up a bit, but then again, no where else is Disneyland.

2. Six degrees of separation, even if you don't include Kevin Bacon (mmmm bacon). I find, being married to a musician makes it about 3 degrees of separation, but any degree number, it's fun to figure out how small this world really is.

3.  6, the number of members in my family growing up. I was the youngest of 4 kids (yeah, yeah, I know, spoiled little brat, mom and dad where more relaxed by then, blah, blah, blah JEALOUS!) It was a good size family for us. My mom had 2 kids, then a gap, then 2 more, and it worked for us. Nobody's perfect, but my nucleus 6 helped form who I am today.


4. Six.. The number of kids I sometimes wish I had. We have 3, so when they all get married, I will in a way, have 6 after all....but less diapers, and more sleep, which who wouldn't be thankful for that?

5.  6a.m. prayer. I don't make it very often, but I am so thankful for the people of our church that do.

6. 6, on the periodic table is C, for Carbon, which is:charcoal, for heat, cooking and other uses, graphite, which for me means a way to produce artwork, and of course diamonds. Now I am I not a huge diamond fan, but I have very special one that means a great deal as a symbol.  I am thankful for all three.



What are you thankful for?
Rearrange your thinking, do not focus on what you don't have, focus on what you do.

2 comments:

Thany said...

Thankful for my almost 6 year old Lucy Goose....never thought she'd make it this long ;)

Missy Shell said...

Viper is still my favorite. :-)