Eleven things I am thankful for on this, the eleventh day of the eleventh month,
Next year will be even cooler.
All about numbers....don't be sad, it's worth it.
1. Math. Don't groan, I am thankful for math. It was indeed mathematics that led to much of the scientific technology that we have today. Including computers.
2. Fractions. Everyone likes things to be fair, and even. Well, MOST people do. Fractions help with that.
3. Measurements. Cups, teaspoons, Tablespoons, etc. Old recipes used to be a pinch of this, a hand full of that. My hand is, well, big. It makes for a great masseuse but would not be accurate for a bread recipe.
4. 05:06:07 (time) on 08-09-10. Fun stuff.
5. Just like 10:10:10 on 10-10-10. A couple years ago we had a line up like that on my birthday. Sweet stuff. I don't beleive it has mystical powers or anything. It's just a fun thing to take note of.
6. On my daughters' next birthday, they will be half my age. Spencer is currently half of theirs. I am thankful they are all still alive.
7. Money. I am thankful someone came up with a better system than dragging a couple chickens and loaves of bread around to trade.
8. Time (keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking...into the future). We all think we need more of it. We all waste it. We all agree it goes slower when we are in school or work(or doing something we don't like), and faster when we are out. But really, it's consistent. I am thankful for consistency.
9. Music. Music needs numbers, fractions, mathematical equations.....and music is wonderful.
10. Numeric clarity. An 8 is always the same, a 3 is a 3, is a 3. You can't re-write the basic foundations of arithmetic. Publishers of text books change history facts all the time, but math stays strong. And while in the higher up regions of mathematical brains there are changes, the basics remain.
11. Look, a numeric list. I am thankful for a way to measure these lists. At the end of the month I will have 465 things I am thankful for.I am thankful for people joining me on the way, sharing what they are thankful for as well.
Gratitude is beautiful.
What are you thankful for (it doesn't have to be math...)