Monday, November 29, 2010

29 Promises

I have mentioned that I am thankful for the Bible. God's word is powerful and true, and is like armor for those that love him. I am so very thankful for the promises He lays out in the Bible as well, including but not limited to the following.

1. I (Jesus) have come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10 KJV

2.
  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil;
 my cup overflows.Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.Psalm 23:5-6 NIV

3. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11, NIV

4. Jesus said to them, " I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst." John 6:35 NASB

5. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.2 Corinthians 4:8-9

6.When you go through deep waters of great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through the rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord , your God....  Isiah 43:2-3 NLT

7. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go bear fruit, fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. John 15:16 NIV

8. He who listens to a life giving rebuke will be at home among the wise. Proverbs 15:31NIV

9. “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:9-10 NIV


10. How happy are those who can live in your house, always singing your praises. How happy are those who are strong in the Lord... Psalm 84:4-5 NLT


11. A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news bring health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30 NIV


12. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 NIV

13. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23NIV

14. I know what what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or want. I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH. Philippians 4:12-13 NIV

15. Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said,"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 NASB

16. The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV

17. Fear Not, I am with thee. Isiah 41:10 KJV

18. Cast your cares on the LORD  and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.  Psalm 55:22 NIV

19. If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you. Psalm 91:9-10 NLT

20. Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me...watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. i won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly. Matthew 11:28-30 MSG

21. Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

22. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4

23. for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.  1 John 5:4 NIV

24. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8NIV

25. Everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected, if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

26. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NIV

27. Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. Psalm 100:1-2 NIV


28. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5:22-23NIV

29. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV

That's the best promise of all. Eternal life.

What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

Missy Shell said...

Oh, this is a good one!

Sooz said...

yeah, I'm with Mich, I like these!

Heather said...

I love this list. I think I'll print it out and post it where I can read it every day.