Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hi. It's me, Crayl. I know it's been awhile (sorry Blogher, I promise, I am coming back).

This is an odd post. It's sort of a list and sort of a story, but it's all about being thankful in sticky or yucky situations.

I am thankful that in the midst of searing anger and mental anguish, I can still love.
I am thankful for prayers from friends to help me figure out sticky situations that don't seem to have any real solutions, none that are really good anyway.
I am thankful for a God that is patient with me, even when I am really blowing it.
I am thankful to have someone to talk to, for real, all the nitty, gritty stuff you sometimes feel.
I am thankful I am that person for someone else as well.
I am thankful I can read and write, that my family has a home, food and clean water.
I am thankful I obeyed and stepped into some of my gifting. Doing what you are meant too do, what you are called to do, might be hard, but it is such a wonderful feeling.
I am thankful you are reading this, I pray God's blessings on your life, and that you know they are from the creator of the universe, who really, truly and deeply loves you.
I am thankful for the upcoming road trip and vacation.
I am thankful for my son's birthday next week.
I am thankful for yet another healthy baby born into the world today.

Our road may be tough, but our God is tougher.
There is so much JOY to be found, take a moment and figure out what brings you joy, be thankful for it, share it with me......

2 comments:

Karen said...

thankful that summer has been abundantly full of things that make up summers, that we've lived and learned for another full season. Cheers, kare

Heather said...

You have a true gift of demonstrating thankfulness during tumultuous times. I am glad you have good friends supporting you at this time.

Happy early birthday Spencer!