Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday(ish) ZOINKS!

Well, here we are, the letter Z. (I know I am a day late, but I am in Idaho visiting a friend and well...we are busy)
26 weeks of thankfulness from just the alphabet alone, that's half a year! Thankfulness is healing to your soul, helps you focus outwardly instead of selfishly, and frankly, reminds you of what is truly important, even if it's silly!

In no particular order.

1. Zamboni, it's fun to say, and a really cool piece of machinery.
2. Zoom, the original show, loved it as a kid.
3. Zippers, instead of hundreds of tiny hook and eyes, or buttons, or lace ups, which brings me to...
4. ZOINKS! Thanks to Shaggy and Scooby Do, this odd collection of sounds is a pop-culture word.
5. Zoolander. A truly stupid, but hysterical movie.
6. Zygote, without them, none of us would be here.
7. Zithers, Many years ago a very dear friend of mine was seriously dating a young man. The very first time their two sets of parents met the young man's father pulled out a Zither and proceeded to entertain the group for the evening with his repertoire of loudly sung German Christmas Carols, much to the surprise of most involved. She went on to marry that young man anyway and all is still well.
8. Zines, underground , self printed magazines for a specific target audience. I had my illustrations and some poems in one a few times, because I was so cool.
9. Zingers. I don't eat them anymore. But I loved the vanilla ones. My hips didn't, but my mouth did.
10. The Zabs. Without them my life would have a big whole in it, and a whole lot less cuteness. BZ is an essential element in my world. Sure...I could "survive" without her, but it wouldn't nearly as fun, and I MIGHT not be involved in so many , um, escapades....hehehe. :)

1 comment:

Misty said...

love this... it's wednesday. how long are you here? will we get to get together? lovely thunder, eh?