Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Easy Ice Pack Holder

My daughter had all four wisdom teeth removed yesterday morning.
Part of the instructions to help her heal quickly requires icing the cheeks on and off all day. Now the cold on the cheek was a relief, but holding the pack was not, even with a dish towel, it was just a bit awkward, especially while slightly drugged for pain.

As I made dinner a brilliant idea suddenly hit me as I moved the the lid off the mashed potatoes I cooked for her....

POT HOLDERS.

I have the square/rectangle kind, with the little pocket for your hand.
I slipped the ice pack inside, or you could use a baggie of ice cubes, and she has the thin side against her cheek, and the thick side facing out so her fingers don't get too cold.

Problem solved.




I forgot! Here is the link to check out other peoples wonderful hints.

4 comments:

SJL~ said...

What a GREAT idea! I never thought of that.

Mom2fur said...

Awesome idea! I use cold packs when I have a headache and usually just wrap them in a cloth napkin. The napkin is usually too big and dangles and bugs me. This is a much, much better solution!

Tiffiny Felix said...

Found you on the Works For Me Wednesday post from today. So clever! *:)*

Cindy said...

Well, I use cold packs when I have a headache and usually just wrap them in a cloth napkin. The napkin is usually too big and dangles and bugs me. thanx for sharing.