Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm Serious This Time


That's our friend Dave, and his famous Bobcat....
I am planning a garden, a big one, because this year? I am serious, I want to eat fresh as fresh can be as much as possible, for as long as possible. Also, now that I have been introduced to the fine art of canning, I will be making sure my bounty is enjoyed throughout the next year . As long as God smiles on my garden and we actually have a crop. Bugs already got my apricots, even before they really had a chance. I will take advise on how to fight pests WITHOUT insecticides, because I am so very sensitive to them.
This is just a small portion of my over-all yard, perhaps next year I will grow wheat or something crazy!

If you squint a little you can see Dave on the bobcat outside the window of the music studio...

Black gold....


We have to delay planting, which I know, fully makes us late by a few weeks, but we must attend a family wedding and I don't want my plants to die while I am gone. In the mean time I need to rototil and get the fence up, any one want to help?

Anyone?

*chirp-chirp*

Yeah, if you need me I'll be playing in the dirt.

3 comments:

Thany said...

I LOOOOOVE this!!
You are so amazing.

Heidi said...

I will be most happy to come and help you! Will you come pick me up?

Sooz said...

you go girl! my sister gave me tomato plants for my birthday but can't plant them until it STOPS SNOWING! Yeah, it's May and I said "stops snowing" (doesn't stick or anything, but geez). :-)