Friday, April 16, 2010

A.Dollar.Forty.Nine.

On the way home from work I stopped in a thrift store to look for something. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I found a few other items that were needed in my home. Among the items was an awesome cookbook, compact, color glossy pages, all one pot meals. I love a meal with little clean up.

I brought my stuff to the check out lane, she looks at the book, says, "There's no price tag" and throws it under her counter.

"All paperbacks are $1.49", I counter. All the book prices are listed, clearly, on charts by the books.

"Doesn't matter, I can't sell it without a price tag, it messes up inventory"

I don't believe this for a moment, they aren't that high tech.

"But all your paper backs are $1.49, always"
"I can't sell it to you"

I blink

The guy behind me in line pipes up, "They do this to me all the time"

I nearly walked away without purchasing anything...but I really needed some of the other items, and they were still new, so they were worth continuing my purchase.

But to the thrift store I'd like to say:
So is it $1.49, or prices as marked?

4 comments:

童紫勳 said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.......................................................

Ginny said...

Or.....did she want it for herself?

jennifer said...

That has happened to me before too although, it wasn't a book. The prices are posted on a chart by the bookshelves (I think you said that already).

Have a great week!

Thany said...

UGH. Good for you for not punching them. Not like I would have punched them.


But I would have imagined it, and I would have really knocked them out.