Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ten On Tuesday, Cc

Things I am thankful for beginning with the letter C, no particular order:


1. My name. Please understand, this is a great big deal for me. Sometime in elementary school I decided that I really didn't like my name. I wished it was Carolina, or Caroline, but it wasn't. It was plain, and not like many of my friends, with flowing girlie names, (Stephanie, Christine, Kristine). I've gotten over it. My name means "Song of joy"...and I think it is fitting. The farther I step up to the microphone to use my gift, the more joy I have. I was named well. Thank you mom and dad.
2. Conundrum: 1: a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun
2 a : a question or problem having only a conjectural answer b : an intricate and difficult problem. Fabulous word. Learn it, use it this week.
3. Cable. I miss DSL high speed unlimited band width use internet.
4. Cancellation. As in a miraculous cancellation of my student loan debt. (Hey, it could happen...right?)
5. Canapes, little delightful mouthfuls of delicious food. What could be better?
6. Crepes....yeah, they are really good too.
7. Capitalism. You heard me. It allows people to create and dream and build something. It creates money that then flows into the economy, instead of sucking it out. I am very against greed and money worshiping, and I agree with helping those in need, but the money needs to be created somewhere...
8. Cellos , mellow, smooth, soulful.
9. Cell phones. I have a love hate relationship with them. Really, they are a piece of technology that is amazing and oh so useful. I found an old phone this week. Before color screens, before texting, before photo taking abilities...it's not very old. I just hate them when I see people driving stupidly because of them OR when someone you are talking to suddenly opens their phone and texts someone else...in essence turning and having a conversation with someone else mid sentence...rude. So I am thankful for cell phones, just not the lack of manners that goes with them.
10. Crayons. They are one of the first ways a child gets to create and experience art. They are inexpensive and can deliver splendid results. A simple joy.



Life can be a dark and sad place sometimes.
Remember the good, remember what there is around you and start being thankful for it. A spirit of thankfulness can not stay in the gloom long.

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Karen said...

Nice ...Yay...thanks for letting me play along, now my daughter is playing too. have a good week. kare

午餐 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Great list as always! I too have a love-hate relationship with cell phones. It's so hard to live without them, but man, I hate it when people use them as an excuse to be rude!

Hope you're having a great week! I've been so busy I didn't even do a C list, but I'm going to try and combine it with D.

Thany said...

#'s 5 and 6? Never had either of them.

No particular reason, just never had the chance.