Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bogey Has Spoken

Karen over at Planes, Trains and Automobiles lovingly gave me this:



"This award means you're really going places, Baby.
You'll still be blogging about your great adventures
10 years from now, and I'll still be reading them."

In order to accept this award, I first have to express
where I think my life will be in 10 years....

Here's the thing.
I have written an entire essay on lost dreams, and what living under poverty or stress can do to ones dreams. I didn't write it because it was a school project, or I researched other people, I wrote it because I realized what was stolen from me....

So, I've been working on getting them back.
But I am not ready to share yet. I am going to savor them a little bit.

But here instead are some basic facts:

My daughters will be 30. I hope and pray they are both happy, in a life path they truly love.
Spencer will be 19, hopefully fully engulfed in college.
I might be a grandma by then....then again, maybe not.
By this time I plan on touring or attending more gigs with Aaron, as well as be in more gigs since the kids will be grown.
I will be over 50. Weird.

Maybe I will be a nurse, or a PA, or a bakery owner.

I will still be writing.


SO, now it's other people's turns:
Troy, Seasons Of My Life
Misty, Rainy Day In May
Bethany, Falling Out Of The Wardrobe
Heather, Drivel and Whatnot
Deanne, Fragile Flower
Lori, Living In A Fishbowl
Dena, Happily Ever After
Jenna, Cranberry Corner
Ginny, Empty Nest, Full Life. Fishbowl's mom :)

All of these ladies are worth a gander.

4 comments:

Misty said...

i love this... Your essay sounds interesting and honestly, relatable...
you are so fantastic! I adore you!

Givin' In A Fishbowl said...

Ah...thanks. For some reason this just came through on my bloglines. I haven't been ignoring it. :-)

Lori said...

Whoops. I just made a new blog for giveaways and plan to feature a giveaway t-shirt from my good friend at Visible Grace. I can't do it on my main blog because of the ads. So now you're in on my secret because I forgot to sign out. :-)

Heather said...

Awwww... thanks!