Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Soft and Mushy

I held a baby last night.
I held an eleven week old baby that looked like a Veggie Tale french pea. A sweet round face and dark little eyes. Perfect toes, soft creamy skin, and oh, a smile and little laugh that just might kill you. As I held her and spoke sweetly she responded with a giant toothless smile and started vocalizing back. It was soft and clear and she was quite pleased with herself that she was doing it.

She melted my heart.

There are two babies around here right now, the other being maybe 5 weeks. They can both bring forth yearnings, and satisfy them. It is such a treat to see them, hold them, love on them...and as hard as it is...hand them back. :)

I am going to make a great grandma someday.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh you will! It's the best thing ever.

Misty said...

of course you will...
and a VT french pea baby has to be the cutest baby ever :)

Alyssa said...

someday very very very far off from now.. VERY