Friday, May 22, 2009

He Can See Clearly Now, The Blur is Gone...




Sometime after Christmas, and the addition of Guitar Hero to our household, we noticed Spencer just might need glasses. He had a tendency of being very close to the screen while he played, and leaning closer to read the scores. We tested him a little bit, and knew, he needed glasses.

Since he is not in a traditional classroom setting there was no blackboard, or whiteboard, or whatever board, to see. Everything he did was arms length. There didn't seem to be a problem reading so we waited, mostly to save the money we knew it would take to purchase the glasses.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we finally were able to be seen and evaluated. The kid has 20/400 vision at least in the one eye. Translation: The 2nd line on the chart was blurry and hard to see.

His glasses arrived a few days later, and he was astonished at how much he can see now!
It is a miraculous thing indeed.




And he's cute in them too.


:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll say he's cute in them! It's been so long since I've seen you guys that I doubt I would have recognized him. Quite the handsome young man! Hope you are all doing well...I think about and pray for you often.
Dena arrives for a week-long visit today...helping celebrate older sister's b-day. Can't wait!
Love to you and your family.
Linda W

Heidi said...

Wow! They look so natural on him, like he was just meant to wear glasses. Now his appearance is as intellectual as his speech!

Ginny said...

I had to start wearing glasses when I was 4. I can even remember how amazed I was when I got them and I could see! Such a concept. He looks very handsome in them too.