Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Foo Foo Phooey

I need an attitude adjustment.
Please understand, I am fully admitting that this is MY PROBLEM, MINE.

I do not like Foo-Foo traditionally thought of as girly , womanly things.
I don't.

I am not a tom-boy woman, I am not anti feminine...don't mistake this for anything else. I even like the color pink within reason.

BUT ...

Why does EVERYTHING associated with a woman have roses and pink fluff and ribbons and hearts and china tea cups, and things of that nature? WHY?

I realize we are designed to beautify our surroundings, it's what we do, we nest, we make a home out of four blank walls. Does it have to be reminiscent of the "romantic era" to represent womanliness? Does it?
I didn't think so.

9 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

No comment from the queen of Foo-Fi-Fication (Troy word)

You made me laugh

Love ya
Troysie

Heather said...

Even if we are supposed to decorate like that, I'd never get away with it with four men in the house. Just replacing the rags they called towels was considered girly.

Odette said...

it's women's nature to love color and girly designs. if it we leave the decorations to our men then our house will be look drab and gray.
ha ha ha.

Heather said...

Seriously drab and gray! My stepsons just picked the color for their paint color for their room. It's a dark asphalt gray. It's hideous. I'm hoping to change their minds...

becky @ misspriss said...

I am not a big fan of pink and girly things. So yeah, I hear ya.

Missy Shell said...

I'm with ya.

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dena said...

Princess Foo-Foo here, thanks, thanks a lot. :o) this totally made me laugh.

jennifer said...

As I sit here in my Bama tshirt and jeans with no makeup at a plastic folding dining room table, I say feminine doesn't have to be girly. I AM all woman, I don't want to be like my man, but I don't have to be froo froo if I don't want to :)