Friday, April 10, 2009

And Another Thing!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...
if you are in the checkout line at a store, or dealing with someone, like a server, or customer service, PLEASE GET OFF YOUR PHONE.
If the call is that important why are doing something else at all? Move over and take your call, then get back in line, OR finish your transaction and then call them back!

A woman in front of me at the grocery store today was so rude it really made me angry. She apparently had two different groupings of groceries, perhaps for a friend, or billing purposes. But her phone call was so important that she didn't speak to the cashier at all, and after the first group was completed she walked away from the counter. The checker scanned the items and looked at me...I told her I thought they were the other lady's things...wait, lady is too nice, THAT WOMAN, over there, being rude.
The woman, when asked quietly and politely if those things were also hers looked sternly at the checker, narrowed her eyes and flung her hand in the air in a little circle "get moving" motion. She had "you idiot" written all over her face. Eventually she came back over to pay...never speaking at all to the cashier.

I realize important calls happen, and I realize people get really busy and try to multitask beyond the norm.
But please...
That cashier, or server, or customer service person deserve a minute of your time, they work hard, and they aren't paid enough to have to deal with you waving your hand at them like they should know what's going on when you don't even speak to them.

Okay, thank you for your kind attention.
Rant Over.

3 comments:

Thany said...

I am so with you on this. It is frustrating and rude and CHECKERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

Ugh.

Lets print up cards we hand out to the rude people and direct them to this blog post. A very passive reminder to QUIT BEING A JERK!




HA! Word Verification is SUCKEY
I'd have to agree!

Dena said...

i'm so sorry. i'll stop. i promise.

Misty said...

i agree wholeheartedly. Typically if I am in a store or anywhere like that I won't even answer my phone...