Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ten On Tuesday, Winter!



Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.



1. Snow. We do not receive enough to hate it. I am thankful for it. It is beautiful, quiet and peaceful, and while it last gives everything a shimmer. It makes me feel like a kid and makes me smile and giggle.

2. Snowflakes. Look at the delicate, fabulous designs! Gloriously beautiful.(click on it, enlarge it, this is an amazing photo, un doctored, taken by my brother in Seattle)




This one is taken by Wilson Alwyn Bentley






3. Sweaters. Jeans, socks, and boots too.

4. Scarves, hats and gloves. Especially if I made them. Can't wear them in Summer!

5. Uggs, everyday.

6. While I am not thankful for short daylight hours, I am thankful for electricity to brighten our homes.

7. A time for plants, trees and the soil to rest. We all need a little rest.

8. Soup! I love good soup, and other warm foods.

9. Using the oven to bake. I know this one seems like a stretch, but those of you without good(or any) A/C know, using the oven in summer is awful! Winter is perfect for baking bread and other items that take awhile in the oven. If we had remained in Arizona I would have created an outside oven/cooking area for Summer time.

10. Holidays: Christmas, New Years, and the anniversary of our marriage proposal. All good stuff.


PLEASE JOIN IN!!!
Gratitude in the heart brings back joy.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great list! I LOVE having soup in the winter and baking in the oven. In the summer, it's just me who's baking, in the heat of the desert!

MomOfDudes said...

I loved your list. I Love Winter...
The little we get