Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll Share.


When you have something , share it, and you will be doubly blessed.


That's it. That sentence sums up what I am learning, and it works for me.

Oh, you want an explanation? Fine...
:)
Case #1
Our car needed a part, and to be fixed. Unfortunatly for us if we had waltzed into a dealership or mechanics place it would have been to the tune of $1500++. Enter in a family, his mechanical skills and his generous heart. He works by day for Lexus, but then, helps others in need with those same skills. We scraped money together to buy the part, he found cheaper ways for us to buy it, and then he fixed it for us. We owe him dinner (or a donation to the "fatten Randy up fund" as he called it). This act of kindness (which wasn't the first) blessed us immensely.

Case #2
A family in our church is currently in financial trouble, even more so than us now that we have regular employment. Her husband's career, like many others, is based in construction. Whenever I would get extra food or goods given to me, I would spread it out with her, and a single mom I know. Both these women have done the same for us. This family's generosity is amazing, and it actually bewildered me at first, "How can you give when you barely have anything?".
God showed me to loosen my grip on even the little I had, and share it.
(We tithe on everything ...this isn't about money)

Results:
We were given a gift card at the Holidays for a grocery store, this was a big deal for us. We actually purchased lamb and the special trimmings for a Christmas Eve dinner. As I sang and participated in the two Christmas Eve services certain individuals crossed my path in such a way that I knew I needed to invite them over, and let them share in this rare meal with us. It meant no left overs for us, but it also meant that 3 single people, with no family to be with, were embraced and joined our family that night. It was a great meal, great fun, and I am going to do it again next year. We will find those that would otherwise be alone and lonely, and invite them in. Even if we eat Top Ramen, we will share what we have.

It works for me
What works for you? What do you have that you can share. Might be material objects, might be money, or it might simply be a skill. Fixing things, homearts, teaching work skills, sharing a meal, anything really.

Check out Rocks in My Dryer for a plethora of other ideas...

4 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

wonderful tip!

O'Brien said...

thank you for reminding of inspiration

Thany said...

I love your heart.
It's so beautiful.

Misty said...

amen...
this is such a beautiful post from a beautifully kind person... More people should live like this.