Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bad Mommy, BAD MOMMY!

Long , long ago my daughters were young and attended school.
Long, long ago they brought home LOTS of paperwork ALL.THE.TIME....

and apparently, one time, maybe more, I didn't read everything that came home, or perhaps I didn't write it on the calendar....

Yeah, bad Mommy.

We found this photo in the garage this week...I am hoping we made them retake the photos, you know, when I I actually did her hair. I love it when my kids look like no one takes care of them, yep, love it!


I think the actual story is I did her hair and then she "re-did" it before the picture, or perhaps they were the final class of the day, after recess, after lunch, after PE that included rubbing a balloon on your head.











Just for the record, she looks more like this now:


For more photo fun check out Kristen at We Are That Family!

10 comments:

We are THAT Family said...

Yeah, I'm sure I'm leaving some permanent scars too :D

a Tonggu Momma said...

Her hair seemed to survive the trauma... but the real question is, does she ever let you forget this?

jennifer said...

I am STILL a bad mommy. I am forever laying aside that important letter from school to read later and then, well, you know.

Your daughter is such a beautiful girl. She has stunning eyes.

Missy Shell said...

Oh, but I'm so glad that you have that picture. It's so stinkin' cute!!!!! I love her little face!

Tammy said...

Awwww, she was so cute and is beautiful! Love the pigtails.

Thany said...

This delights me!

Jenny in Utah said...

yep - we have had to do several retakes - I wish they would let us know when the balloon/head rubbing activity is taking place so we can be prepared.

LaDonna said...

Oh, I totally remember that year. You were soooo mad at her. I don't remember if you got them retaken though. I was with you when we picked them up that day, so for me that's kind of a vivid memory. Good times. Rotten daughters. Gotta love them.

LaDonna said...

Actually, I think that's the same year Rissa "re-did" her own hair and added "pretty" things to it. Ick. Isn't it easier to laugh now?

SchuMom said...

Was that about fourth grade? Because a certain fourth grader in my life has developed a really interesting sense of style lately and I'm really hoping she'll outgrow it...and SOON!