Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten On Tuesday, That Amazing Z

Well, here we are, the letter Z.
26 weeks of thankfulness from just the alphabet alone, that's half a year! As promised I will circle back around next week to A since I didn't start he link option at the beginning. Please consider joining in this time! Thankfulness is healing to your soul, helps you focus outwardly instead of selfishly, and frankly, reminds you of what is truly important, even if it's silly!

In no particular order.

1. Zamboni, it's fun to say, and a really cool piece of machinery.
2. Zoom, the original show, loved it as a kid.
3. Zippers, instead of hundreds of tiny hook and eyes, or buttons, or lace ups, which brings me to...
4. ZOINKS! Thanks to Shaggy and Scooby Do, this odd collection of sounds is a pop-culture word.
5. Zoolander. A truly stupid, but hysterical movie.
6. Zygote, without them, none of us would be here.
7. Zithers, Many years ago a very dear friend of mine was seriously dating a young man. The very first time their two sets of parents met the young man's father pulled out a Zither and proceeded to entertain the group for the evening with his repertoire of loudly sung German Christmas Carols, much to the surprise of most involved. She went on to marry that young man anyway and all is still well.
8. Zines, underground , self printed magazines for a specific target audience. I had my illustrations and some poems in one a few times, because I was so cool.
9. Zingers. I don't eat them anymore. But I loved the vanilla ones. My butt didn't, but my mouth did.
10. Ziplock. I know environmentally these probably aren't the best things, and perhaps the plastics are doing something bad, however, seriously? What a fabulous little invention. You have left over glitter from a craft project? Ziplock bag. Need to protect something important from water damage? Ziplock bag. Lost a tooth or button, or earring while out and about? Ziplock. I even read a blog that the author uses them in the car because her kids get carsick...I know it sounds gross, but you zip it shut, no spills, no smell!! Brilliant. If the bag were opaque it would be perfect.
11. The Zabs, and the Z's(Full names withheld to protect the innocent). Without these two fabulous families our lives would be incomplete. Hence I made it a list of eleven, but hey, it's my list, I can do that.


Here's your chance, join in! Blog a list, link it up. It's fun, it's easy, it relieves stress and improves your outlook...

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have Zamboni too! Great memories from childhood of skating on such smooth ice after that amazing machine did its work :)

Love the Ziplock idea too :)

Great list, as always!!

Mrs. Carol said...

Yay you got to z. I didn't see how to add my list??

Thany said...

Its an honor to be included. I love the letter Z!